Family Support Line - 1-877-695-7996
For times when parenting gets tough
The Family Support Line is a statewide resource for parents or primary caregivers with family concerns. Whatever the issue, we greet callers with compassionate listening and respect, offering practical answers and information on all aspects of family life and child development. We also make referrals to community resources. Whether one just needs to talk or is seeking specific information, trained volunteers are ready to assist. Callers may ask:
- what behaviors are typical for specific ages
- discipline methods that work
- how to find time for themselves while single parenting
- the trials and tribulations of living with teens or toddlers
- setting limits and sticking to them
- how to stop yelling or hitting
- how to become more involved in their children’s education.
Callers experience great comfort in being able to discuss problems that appear overwhelming.
The Support Line is available daily. You may leave a message and your call will be returned within 24 hours. Our trained Family Support Line Staff offer assistance and referrals to any parent, caregiver, or professional willing to ask for help, regardless of circumstance.
Consejos para Familias - Para cuando el cuidado de nuestros hijos es dificil
Spanish-speaking parents may call the statewide, toll-free Spanish Family Support Line
1-866-Las-Familias – (1-866-527-3264)
Families First truly believes that asking for help is a sign of great emotional strength and that all parents and caregivers have skills to be nurtured and strengths upon which to build.